Searching for documents within your Google Drive can be a pain, especially if you have a lot of files with similar keywords. This guide will give you an overview on how to use the advanced search function to help you find the document you need!
Start by navigating to the “My Drive” page. At the top of this page, you’ll find a search bar. Click on the downwards arrow to bring up the advanced search function.
When clicking the downwards arrow you will have many options to help you find your file.
- “Title, content has the words:”
- Enter in some keywords to find the document you are looking for. Click the checkbox next to “Title Only” to only search for keywords that are in the title of the file rather than in the file content.
- Owner (enter name or user name)
- Enter in the name of the owner of the file, either by their Email ID or by their name
- Owned by me, shared with (enter name or user name)
- Enter in the names of users who have access to the file you are searching for.
For Searching Workflow Documents
- Submitted by (enter name or user name)
- Enter in the name of the user who submitted the process you are looking for, either by their Email ID or actual name.
- Submitted for Review On:
- Enter in the date in which the process was submitted.
- Process Status
- Check the circle which correlates to the current status of the workflow.
Once you have filled enough details to where you think you can find your file click the “Search” button. It is important to play around with this feature to fully understand the search capabilities of the advanced search.