The following guide will provide a step-by-step set of instructions to install Collavate Business for G Suite Administrators and their domain.
Step 1: Getting Started
Start by logging in with your G-Suite Admin account and installing Collavate by visiting the following link: https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/collavate/641128687171
- Click the "Domain Install" button. (You must be G Suite Super Admin)
- Accept to G Suite Terms and Conditions
- Wait for Collavate to finish installing for your domain
- You should see the following image when domain installation is complete. When you see this image, other users in your domain will be notified that Collavate has been installed.
Step 2: Setting up Collavate
As the domain administrator you will need to setup Collavate before your users can begin using the software. To start, launch Collavate by accessing google drive or Gmail website and clicking the Applications menu found in the top right corner.
When logging in for the first time as the G-Suite Administrator, you will need to follow the intro page to set up the Document Manager and then sync all of your domains users.
- Select the account you wish to use for the Document Manager and enter in the email ID. Then click “Next”
- Sync your domain’s users and organization chart, then click “Done”
The Document Manager is the account where all processed files are transferred to. When any user in the domain processes a file, the ownership of that file is transferred to the Document Manager. Since Google does not allow multiple owners of a file, there can only be one Document Manager. All processed files can be accessed in the COLLAVATE folder. If you want to change the document manager, you can easily do so in the Admin settings.
Step 3: Activating Your Users
Now you’ll want to activate the users in your domain.
- After logging into Collavate with your Admin Account, click the “Settings” icon found at the bottom of the toolbar on the left.
- Go to "User Management" menu and select users by clicking the checkboxes
- After selecting all of the users, click the activation status dropdown menu and click “Active”
- Now you’re done! Users of your domain that you just activated can now log into Collavate!