If there are changes in G Suite/Google Apps Users, make sure to synchronize your latest G Suite users/ Google Apps users to Collavate to update your Collavate users to be in sync with current G Suite users. You may have to re-Sync your G Suite Users to ensure that Collavate user will reflect your latest G Suite users.
Before syncing your G Suite users in Collavate, make sure your Google API Reference is enabled. If you already have your Google API Reference enabled, skip to the "How to Sync and Update G Suite Users" section in this article to begin syncing in Collavate.
If you do not have Google API Reference enabled, here is how to turn on your Google Apps API:
1. Google Apps Administrator can either go directly to Google Admin Console, or click the Admin icon in the Google Apps grid.
2. Log in and click the "Security" icon in the Admin Console
3. Click the “API Reference” and check “Enable API access”.
Once the "Enable API access" box is checked, you can continue to Collavate and smoothly sync your G Suite users.
How to Sync and Update G Suite Users in Collavate:
* You must be a Collavate Admin and G Suite Admin to sync G Suite Users
1. In your Collavate application, click the [Admin] menu located to the left of your screen
2. Select [Sync and Update] sub menu
3. Click [Sync] for Users and Groups. To ensure that everything is up-to-date, it is recommended to click Sync for all 4 categories: Document Template, Organization Chart, Users, and Groups
- Document Template
Document Manager owns both the “COLLAVATE User Template” folder that stores normal users’ templates and “COLLAVATE Template” folder stores shared templates. When creating shared templates in Collavate, the documents are automatically saved in COLLAVATE Template folder, and is shared with every user.
On the contrary, if the Document Manager saves certain documents in “COLLAVATE Template”, syncing of the Document Templates must be done prior if the manager wants to use those documents as shared templates.
- Organization Chart
Through synchronizing, the information saved in the “Users” menu from “Google Apps Admin Console” is also loaded to Collavate. Synchronized organization information is reflected on Collavate Organization Chart, and if there are any changes on Google Apps Organization Chart, you must synchronize so that the change is applied to Collavate Organization chart.
By synchronizing the Users, all the user information saved in Google Apps is also saved to Collavate. Likewise, if there is any change in users, synchronization is also required. The user data saved in Collavate can be checked at User Management menu, and there you can manage a user’s name, access privilege, security level and more.
When synchronizing, the information saved in Collavate’s Group Management is synchronized to Google Apps’ Groups information. If there are any changes to Group e-mails or changes in personnel within the group, make sure to synchronize the new information.