This is the feature that combines people who work together in teams.
The group information appearing in this menu is the organization information submitted to the users management section in Google Apps Admin Console.
Saved Organization names in Google Apps appear here. To apply changes to the Organization name and other features, you must make the change in “Users” menu from the Google Apps Admin Console, and sync the Google Apps Organization Chart.
6.2. Groups Name / Groups E-mail
- Groups Name: If there is any higher level group, it shows the order of the hierarchy.
- Groups Email: Create group’s own group Email address
* Note 1: Group Email created at Collavate is used when the document is processed. The mail is used for the CC, and after the document has been approved the document is sent to the people who are included in the CC.
* Note 2: When synchronizing Groups, the information of Group which has the group name and group email is saved in Google Groups automatically, and you can use the group email in Google Apps too.
Synchronized Status / Last Modified Date
If Collavate Groups and Google Organization Information are synchronized, Synchronized appears as “True”, Last Modified Date shows the last date in which the Group was changed. To makes changes of users within groups, please make the changes at the “Users” menu in the Google Admin Console, and synchronize the Google Apps Organization Chart.
* TIP: About the “Users” and “Groups” menu within Google Admin Console
In the Users Console Menu, Google Apps Administrator can manage all settings relevant to the users within the organization. The administrator can add/delete/edit user information, and can also create a group and add certain users to an organization. A user may be part of only one organization.
In the Groups Console Menu, you can create groups that are separate from the Users Console Menu. Each group has its own Email address, and all users in that group receives the Email sent to this address.
However, if you use the Collavate Groups function to add Email addresses, you can assign individual Email addresses to each organization in the User Console Menu, making them into separate Groups. This enables linking of the two functions.
* To use the information from Collavate Groups, you need to synchronize the following 4 items below.